Sunday, November 18, 2012

32 Weeks

The new picture background is brought to you by a freshly painted (and completed) nursery!!

How far along? 32 weeks, 6 days

Maternity clothes?  Yuppers – at this point there is nothing more comfortable than that stretchy band around my belly.  I recently did just a little bit of shopping and was happy to learn that I am still able to rock my regular sizes at Old Navy when it came to dresses -snagged a super cute sweater dress for the holidays!  J

Stretch marks?  None!  I recently learned that my mother didn't get any for either of her pregnancies so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the amazing genes I've inherited keep up the good work of keeping them away for another 8 weeks (well almost 7 now!)

Sleep? I can’t really complain about my sleep – it’s pretty good in comparison to the stories I've read or hear about.  I have only had a problem with falling asleep 2 nites this week and it wasn't even that awful – I most likely only laid there for an additional 15 minutes after the hubby fell asleep which in my mind is not complaint worthy.  I’m still able to make it through (most) nites without getting up and if/when I do I can easily fall back asleep without issues…. I've gotten used to my new sleep positions which I’m sure helps too!

Best moment this week?  The nursery is painted!!!  I can’t wait to give you all a sneak peak of the paint job – my dad did an AMAZING job and it’s just as I envisioned it!  I LOVE it and I’ll post some pics soon!!
I had my 32 week appointment this week and as always got to hear the beating of lil Laws’ heart (result = 147)!

Movement?  Oh yeah – this baby is a mover and a shaker…..Bill and I find ourselves mesmerized by the movement of my belly – we can NOT stop staring at it (even when at church!) when it starts to wiggle and dance!  LOL

Miss anything?  I miss being able to just eat when attending events and not having to worry about how things are prepared.  Especially with the holiday season coming up this is a big one – I’ve been really good about making sure that I’m not eating foods that I’ve read can be harmful.  This isn’t to say that I haven’t gotten more lenient about certain things since the beginning of my pregnancy (because I for sure have) but it will be nice when I don’t have to worry about it at all!  Also topping this list: greatly missing adult beverages (of all sorts) and that bending over/down motion will most likely remain (and get worse) on this list for the duration of my pregnancy.

Food cravings?  None – I think that this whole cravings thing is for a sure a myth and what people make of it….maybe even an excuse or two (yeah, I know that will get me some dirty looks from people). Things that have tasted good this week: a Red Robin cheeseburger, my always favorite Taco Bell and I wouldn't be sad if another bag of powdered donuts appeared in my cart when I go to the grocery store later on…

Exercise?  Not this week L  Thankfully not because I physically can’t but b/c I was on vacation this week and when I wasn't running errands for baby prep, I was taking advantage of the (much deserved) down time!

Gender? Place your bets – boy or girl!?  While my suspicions screamed boy early on, with 8 weeks (almost 7!) to go I am leaning more towards a girl.  What in the world will Bill do in a house full of ALL girls (2 human, 1 furry)!?!?!

Symptoms? The swollen feet symptom has taken a break from visiting as of lately – thank you Jesus!  Back aches at the end of the day and when I’m trying to nestle into my sleeping position, shortness of breath –(especially when this little one gets a good kick into my ribs!) and the bathroom continues to be my best friend!  LOL
Oh and I was told that I MUST mention the fact that I have lost my 2 pinky toe nails….I believe that this is due to the fact that I have so far refused to give up my heels and other fashionable shoes!  Not to worry though the nail isn't completely lost – it’s a very weird symptom by far!

Rings on or off?  ON – starting to feel a little tight some mornings and I’ll notice some small indentations on these days…. Just hoping that I can make it a couple more weeks before having to keep them off AND also that the cold weather that is coming will help out with any extra swelling….they say that your fingers actually shrink in the cold weather right??

Heels or flats? D.) All of the above.  I love the fact that I can still wear my most favorite pair of black booties (and yes they are at least 3 inch heels)!

Belly button in or out? Still FLAT!!  Wondering if it will eventually poke out in the next couple of weeks…?

Mood - happy or moody most of the time? Happy, I wouldn't say moody – at least not ‘mean’ moody.  For sure pretty emotional – even the silliest of things can cause me to produce tears.

Looking forward to?  Thanksgiving is next week!  Seeing how I won’t be seeing my Bay City family or my brother this year at Christmas time, I’m really looking forward to spending time with them.  I’m also eagerly anticipating the call from BuyBuy Baby on the whereabouts of Baby Laws’ furniture – I can’t wait to get that set up and organized!

1 comment:

  1. How can you forget to mention missing toenails as a symptom?!?!?! You were totally sitting pregnant today while we were getting our pedis. So cute!

    ReplyDelete