Saturday, September 22, 2012

24 Weeks


How far along? 24 weeks, 6 days (yah, yah I know that I’m a little behind this week)

Total weight gain? 15 lbs, only up 2 lbs from my 20 weeks appt!  I did it and was able to watch my 'gaining' to get myself back on track! *pats self on back*

Maternity clothes? Maternity is the section for me and I’m not even minding it.  Finding some really cute things out there and always able to get some kind of a deal (which makes Bill and my wallet happy).  Still able to wear some pre-preggo tops so that makes me smile.  J

Stretch marks? Nada – wooohooo!  Not even seeing a hint of the linea nigra (that line that appears and runs up the center of your preggo belly).

Sleep? A solid 8 hours of GOOD sleep is pretty much non-existent.  I’m constantly turning from left to right side as my sleeping positions are very limited and don’t even get me started on the wacky dreams…  I used to LOVE sleeping on my side….these days not so much.

Best moment this week?  My husband (and future awesome daddy) turned 30 this week.  We (have so far) celebrated with 2 dinners and there are more planned!  Birthdays are a HUGE deal for me and I love spoiling the birthday boy! 
OH and I also made my FIRST Baby Laws purchase! My girlfriend, Amanda, told me that I should buy the first stuffed animal for the baby so I happily obliged and bought this super cute elephant from Pottery Barn for Kids - ok so I kinda cheated b/c this was originally from my registry (see 'Baby's first gift and the beginnings of a baby registry') BUT they discontinued the set and I could not NOT pass up this adorable elephant (on the left)!


Movement?  This baby is keeping him/herself quite busy in there.  Some days I swear he/she is doing the breast stroke inside my belly – future swim lessons have been noted.

Miss anything?  Adding beauty sleep to my list this week and still missing my alcohol and tummy/back sleep positions.

Food cravings? Is something wrong with me? – I don’t have one single craving!  However, I do love having my daily breakfast of peanut butter on either a whole wheat English muffin or whole wheat toast.  Oh and I’m SUPER excited that it’s apple season – can’t wait to get a TON of Honeycrisp apples!

Exercise?  Still working on my fitness – although this week I took a break as I was pretty tired.

Gender: It’s a surprise!

Symptoms? Frequent bathroom visits, lower back pain (which is really annoying) still topping the list.  The leg cramps (much milder) still rear their ugly head during the nite.  My feet/legs are a bit swollen at the end of the day – I couldn’t wear one of my favorite knee high boots the other day (which caused a minor melt down bc/c it’s boot season) but am happy to report that I was able to get them on when trying again in the morning – stupid swelling!

Rings on or off?  ON!

Heels or flats? Not giving up the heels yet, although I recently purchased some awesome brown (flat) boots that I can’t wait to rock!

Belly button in or out? Still hanging ‘in’ there LOL

Mood - happy or moody most of the time? Happy little momma!

Looking forward to?  I am currently going through ALL of my childhood memorabilia that my parents have saved through the years.  I’m really looking forward to seeing what was saved and I can’t wait to show my little one some of my favorite childhood memories!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment