Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Little Baby Laws

OMG - we're having a baby!


After seeing some awesome baby bump blogs on Pinterest, I've decided to start one of my own to document this truly awesome experience.  I know that I'm starting a little late (ok, 19 weeks late) but as the saying goes, 'Better late then never', right?! 

Before jumping into the weekly baby bump updates, I guess I should give you a quick summary of where it all began.

We found out we were expecting on May 3, 2012....I remember it just like it was yesterday (which is amazing b/c these days I have trouble remembering what I had for lunch)!  It was just a regular Thursday (and I was only a day late) but a couple things happened (that always make me smile when I think about them) that foreshadowed what we would confirm later that evening....

1.  After seeing me load up a laptop, a projector and other essential meeting materials, my boss told me I was going to be a great mom due to my ability to juggle multiple things.  Apparently I already had the "hip jut" perfected!

2.  On the way home from my zumba class, I decided to buy a pregnancy test.  After purchasing the test (the digital kind b/c I wasn't about to try to decipher what lines meant what) I got back in my car only to hear our wedding song, Everything by Michael Buble, coming through the speakers!

I rushed in the house, quickly told Bill what I suspected and straight to the bathroom.....and then I waited, and waited, and waited....  It felt like forever but there it was....a positive preggo test.  We are having a baby!

I couldn't believe it and so many emotions were filling my head and heart.  I slowly walked into our bedroom with the positive test to show Bill.  It went a little something like this (not how I imagined it at all):

"Uh, Bill.  I have something to tell you."
"Okay"
"Well, do you want me to tell you now or do you want me to wait....?"
"Just tell me."
"We're having a baby"
Crickets.....

We both kinda looked at each other while we let it sink in.  It's weird how many emotions you experience.  Excitement, happiness, scared, shock and many more all at the same time!

We couldn't be more thrilled to experience this new chapter in our lives.  Baby Laws will be arriving January 7, 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment