Wednesday, August 22, 2012

20 Weeks



How far along? 20 weeks, 3 days

Total weight gain? 13 lbs – this is 3 lbs over my ‘Baby Laws halfway there’ weigh goal but I’m determined to make up for it before my 24 week appointment.

Maternity clothes?  I’m still able to wear most of my shirts.  I’m currently in LOVE with the Gap Maternity store at my mall – they always have cute stuff and I haven’t paid full price for a single thing!

Stretch marks? None – still using my Momma Bee belly butter!

Sleep? Still sleeping through the nite….and still making my first trip to the bathroom for the day at 4am….ugh!  Oh and still in love with my Snoogle (body pillow)!

Best moment this week? Seeing our baby!  We had our anatomy unltrasound this week.  What an amazing experience!  The baby is looking great and I love the pics we got – one head shot that shows the baby’s profile (the girls at work say he/she has my nose) and one of the baby’s feet – you can actually see all 5 toes on one of the feet!

Movement?  Still only from the outside and when I’m lying completely still.  I found out during my ultrasound that I have an anterior placenta which means that my placenta is in front of the baby and absorbs any movements he/she makes.  Once the baby gets a little bigger I should be able to feel more movement (around 22-24 weeks).

Miss anything? Right now I miss being able to have a steak cooked medium.  It’s made picking a restaurant for Bill and my 3rd anniversary celebration very difficult!

Food cravings? I’m still not craving anything specific – still eating all foods that I ate pre-pregnancy.  I’m still waiting for my ‘I MUST have a Big Mac at midnight’ moment!  lol

Exercise?  Still hitting the Zumba circuit at the very least one day a week - this week however I am going 4 times!!!  (I'm very determined to make up for those 3 lbs and this has been ok'd by my midwife).

Gender: We stuck to our guns during the ultrasound and didn’t find out!  I have a feeling that we are having a boy while Bill seems to think we are having a girl.  At least one of us will be right!

Symptoms? Dizziness - still having to remind myself to get up slowly.  Oh and I could do without the leg cramps in the morning – ugh!

Rings on or off? On!

Heels or flats? Pregnant in heels – rocked 3 inches today!

Belly button in or out? In

Mood - happy or moody most of the time? For the most part I’m one happy momma!

Looking forward to? Feeling more movement from Baby Laws and starting our registry!  While I know that registering will be an extremely overwhelming process, I know that it will also be a fun and exciting time for Bill and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment