Thursday, January 3, 2013

39 Weeks



How far along? 39 weeks, 4 days

Maternity clothes?  Yuppers – nothing beats my yoga pants after 5pm and all other maternity pants that came over the belly are now folded over…. I vowed NOT to buy anything new since week 32 and I pretty much stuck to that!

Stretch marks?  Nope – I made it!!!  I doubt that any are going to show up at this stage in the game but just in case I still lotion up every morning with some sort of lotion.

Sleep?  Last week I thought that my sleep was on the steady decline but I’m happy to report that I’m still able to sleep through the (most) nites!  Although I’ll have my nites were I am up 4 times visiting my bestie but last nite I made it all the way through and got some great sleep!  The dreams that come to me are still topping the weird scale though!

Best moment this week?  My weekly appointment is always a joy.  I love how laid back my midwives are – it seems to keep my super calm (at this moment in time).  I’m also going to say that at this point making it through the week is a best moment– however I hope that I’m not jinxing myself b/c technically there are some days left in this week!  LOL

Movement?  Movement has become more of a push here and there.  In fact I think that I felt the baby’s shoulder sticking out tonight!  But despite the small movements this is still one active baby– which was proved when I was hooked up the the NST monitor at my last weekly appointment.

Miss anything? After 39 weeks of missing certain drinks, foods and the like this week I’m really missing my old body.  I have LOVED being preggo but I can’t wait to have my midsection back and for the love of God I can’t wait to bend over without losing my breath!!  LOL

Food cravings?  Nah…..preggo myth….

Exercise?  Zip, zero, zilch…..I figured that I should probably take it easy from now on.  Every once in a while I tell Bill that I’m gonna hit up a zumba class and he politely reminds me that I’m going to be having a baby in x amount of days…what a sweetheart!  I am super looking forward to getting back into a workout routine once baby arrives though!

Gender? We will soon find out if Baby Laws is a boy or girl…..4 days at the very least!

Symptoms? While swollen feet is still the culprit symptom of this pregnancy I was lucky enough to be off of work on vacation the last week – this helped my poor feet and ankles tremendously, giving them a break from being in shoes 8 hours a day.

Rings on or off?  Wedding rings are off and packed in my hospital bags – I can’t wait to put those suckers on and every time I look at them I fall in love with them even more (Bill did an amazing job picking them out!).  My mesh ring is still rocking the right hand though!

Heels or flats? I have been rotating between my moccasin slippers (even to work), flat boots and I broke out the Uggs (love them) the other day.  HOWEVER, today at 39 weeks, 4 days preggo I rocked heels to work!  Whoot!!

Belly button in or out? This sucker is still flat!

Mood - happy or moody most of the time? Lots of emotions this week as the final countdown settles in but for the most party happy!

Looking forward to?  Meeting this little person that I have carried for the past 39 weeks and who will change our lives (for the better) forever…. J

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I still say boy, but I can tell you that no matter who comes it is beyond love. You'll finally truly understand then expression I could just eat you up! All the best to you and Bill! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete